On this page
- The WP Invoicing – Contact Form 7 Addon allows you to create forms for your visitors to request quotes or submit online orders.
- When a user requests a quote or invoice using the contact form 7, admin can add items to the quote or invoice later and send it to the user for payment.
- You can add predefined WP Invoicing items, so when the user requests a quote or invoice, those items will be automatically added to the quote or invoice generated.
- If the email address submitted in the form is not already linked to an existing customer or user, then this Addon will automatically create a new customer with this email.
- Installation is done by uploading the ZIP file in the plugin section of your WordPress admin area.
Installing WP Invoicing Addons
- Make sure you have the WP Invoicing core plugin installed and activated, before activating the Contact Form 7 Addon.
- You will also need to have the Contact Form 7 plugin activated.
- Optional: activate the WP Invoicing Quotes addon, if you want to create a form for quote requests too.
- Once activated, you will find a new Invoicing tab when creating a new Contact Form 7 addon:
The Contact Form 7 Addon has the following options:
Create Quote or Invoice (order) form
- From the Invoicing tab of the new form, select Quote or Invoice.
- This will add extra fields which you can use in the form:
- Make sure to add the field wpinv_customer_email (Customer Email) to your forms.
- The Contact Form 7 Addon will not send any notification for new quotes or orders created. To send notifications, you will need to configure the Contact Form 7 notifications settings.
You can use the following optional fields for getting more data for your quote or invoice forms.
The names of the fields must be exactly as shown:
wpinv_customer_name – Customer Name
wpinv_customer_first_name – Customer First Name
wpinv_customer_last_name – Customer Last Name
wpinv_customer_website – Customer Website
wpinv_customer_business – Customer Business Name
wpinv_customer_address – Customer Address
wpinv_customer_city – Customer City
wpinv_customer_zip – Customer Zip Code
wpinv_customer_phone – Customer Phone Number
wpinv_description – Description
wpinv_cf7_items – Items in format item_id|quantity to be added when quote/invoice created. The field will not be visible to users.
Simple order form for item #17 (which we have created at Invoicing > Items)
- At Contact Forms > Add New > Invoicing tab, select Invoice
- Add this to the Form tab:
Fill in your details to order two of our #17 items.[wpinv_items wpinv_cf7_items "17|2"] [submit "Send"]
- This is how the form will look like:
- When the form is sent, you will find a new invoice at Invoicing > Invoices, and your user will also find the pending invoice in their Invoice History. When you have reviewed the order, you can send the invoice when ready.
- To change the order to 4 items #17, and 1 item #32, you would change the wpinv_items line to
[wpinv_items wpinv_cf7_items “17|4” “32”]